Paperless Notifications

How do paperless documents work?

Once enrolled in the paperless option via My Profile (eCommunications), you will be sent an email notification with a link to There you will find electronic documents via your unique online account (MyAccount). Email notifications will be sent in lieu of paper documents via the U.S. Postal Service.

I'm having trouble signing up for paperless documents. What should I do?

Email us through the General Questions and FAQs section. Include as much information as possible, including the page where you encountered the problem and any error messages. You may also call us at 800-999-1030, and a Horace Mann representative will help you.

What are the hardware/software requirements?

You will need access to the internet and a valid email account. Documents will be viewable using Adobe Acrobat Reader version 9 or greater.

What types of documents will I receive after enrolling in the paperless option?

You will only receive documents that you have elected to receive electronically.


Bills, policy contracts, declarations, ID cards (in some states), Notifications/Correspondence (including cancellation notices in some states)


Compliance materials (prospectuses, annual reports, semi-annual reports, etc.), in-force documents (correspondence, statements & confirmations) and contracts.

Shareholder Reports:

Annual and semi-annual reports to your variable annuity investment options.

There may be some documents that cannot be delivered electronically due to legal and/or technological constraints in your state. These documents will be delivered to you via the U.S. Postal Service.

At this time, the paperless option is not available for Life & Property customers.

May I request paper copies of my documents to be sent in the mail?

Documents will be made viewable and printable for paperless enrollees through your unique online account (MyAccount). You may also call us at 800-999-1030, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Central time.

When/How can I enroll/un-enroll in the paperless option or change my email address?

Paperless customers may un-enroll or change their email address at any time. Upon un-enrollment, documentation will be mailed to your postal address via the U.S. Postal Service.
The following channels may be used to perform these changes:
• Logging into your account at, and updating the My Profile (eCommunications) section
• Contacting us at 800-999-1030, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Central time.

What results in an email being undeliverable?

In the event an email is rejected (including: server down, mailbox full, etc.), redelivery will be attempted. If we are still unable to deliver electronic notifications, you will be alerted via the U.S. Postal Service.
You may also update your email address by using one of the methods below:
• Log in on, click on My Profile and change your preferred email
• Call our Contact Center at 800-999-1030

© 2023 Horace Mann Educators Corporation

CUSTOMER SERVICE Call 800-999-1030

  • Auto and Property
    M – F, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Central time.
  • Life, Annuity and Group
    M – F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Central time.