Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have nearly $10 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
We Work to Make it Easy
Equally as important as what we offer is how we offer it. We work to make it easy for educators to do business with us:
- We have close working relationships with school districts and associations.
- Our agents and claim adjusters offer onsite service to best accommodate school employees’ schedules.
- We offer payroll service to make paying insurance premiums and retirement plan contributions easier.
We Provide Solutions Inside and Outside the Classroom
Beyond just a business partnership, Horace Mann takes a holistic approach to helping educators inside and outside the classroom.
- We provide free workshops on financial literacy and other topics of importance to educators, including student loan relief.
- We partner with DonorsChoose.org to provide teachers with access to classroom funding.
- Our social media presence allows educators to get and share ideas for enhancing the learning process.
Founded by Educators for Educators®, we’re proud to serve all school employees!