Claims FAQ

Claims adjustor near car damage

How do I report a claim?

For auto, homeowners, or renters, you may call 800-999-1030 or submit your claim online.

How does the auto and homeowner claim process work?

Once you submit an auto or homeowner claim, it will be assigned to a claim representative. They will contact you directly and explain the claim process to you.

How long does as an auto or homeowner claim take to process?

Several factors, such as the severity of the damage and whether another party was involved, can affect the length the claim process. Your assigned claim representative will explain the process and timeline for your individual situation. For instance, if your vehicle has sustained minor damage, you may be able to submit your photos through the Horace Mann photo app. Your assigned claim representative will make the determination and send you the instructions if your claim is eligible.

How do I report damage to my windshield or car window?

If the covered vehicle only has glass damage, you may use the Horace Mann Fast Glass program administered by Safelite, who is a third-party contractor. If you need help locating a glass repair shop near you, or if you have additional questions, please call the Horace Mann Glass Unit at 888-321-9391. If the vehicle has additional damage other than glass, you'll need to file an auto damage claim.

Who do I call if my car breaks down?

If your car is disabled due to mechanical breakdown and you have Emergency Roadside Service on your policy, please call 877-272-0030 for roadside services.

Who do I call to ask about a claim payment?

You may direct all questions to your assigned claim representative.

Do you need to have a log-in username and password to file an online claim?

Yes, you will need to create an account to file a claim online. Creating an account allows you to view your claim status, view your claim representative's contact information and access your policy and billing information.

Why do you need my email address for a claim?

Your time is important to us. By using your email address, we can reach out to you with information and questions as we review your claim, allowing you to respond or call us when it’s convenient for you. We also offer a customer survey via email that allows you to provide us with valuable feedback regarding our service.

What do I do if I need a rental vehicle?

Your assigned claim representative will go over your policy coverages with you and explain how the vehicle rental process works.

What do I do if I have water damage?

  • Please report your claim as soon as possible.
  • Turn off the water to that area (e.g., the bathroom) or to the entire home.
  • Try to clean up the water with towels and fans to the extent you can.
  • Call a mitigation company that can assist with water removal and drying processes.
  • Call a plumber.
  • If there is possible mold growth, do not set up fans as this can spread mold spores. Contact a mitigation company instead.
  • Take photos of the damage and damaged contents and save all receipts.

How do I report an incident of suspected insurance fraud?

To report suspected insurance fraud, please contact us through our Office of Consumer Affairs.

How do I submit a disability claim?

To submit a disability claim, call our disability claims administrator at 866-779-2078.

How do I file a death claim on a life insurance policy or annuity contract?

If you are the policy beneficiary, you can initiate a death claim using our Death Claims form or by calling 800-999-1030, and one of our customer service representatives will assist you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please send us your comments or questions.

WBFQ-0102 (10-21)


© 2023 Horace Mann Educators Corporation

CUSTOMER SERVICE Call 800-999-1030

  • Auto and Property
    M – F, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Central time.
  • Life, Annuity and Group
    M – F, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Central time.